7.01.2007

Raptusinco! Part 6

It’s the start of the second half of the year!

Tempus Fugit.

One time its new year and before you know it, its Christmas again. It feels like time has passed me us so quickly there is so much to look back and so much to look forward to. Unknowingly, things that I’ve been looking forward to has turned into deeds and I was given so much more than that. Thank God for the blessing he continually showers me.

Ow, I forgot, Raptusinco nga pala ito, time for some counting. Since second half na ng taon, this issue will tackle the things that says, “Crossing Over the Other Half”.

1. Graduation

Primarily, College gradutation is the crossing over from the student life to the professional life. Ika nga, “Gradutation is not the end, but the start of the new beginning” [Farewell to you my friend, we’ll see each other again…]. From years of lessons, books, projects, lunch with the classmates and seeing the campus crushes, its time for every deserving student to have their togas worn, diplomas clutched in their hands and march the aisle. Memories of College days will always be great to look back. The bonding, the sleepless nights, the beating of deadlines, the naughty proffesors, the extra curriculars and so much more.

Now here comes the hard part. The application of the things you have learned. Andyan na ang paggawa ng application letters, interviews, officemates interaction, job work. Ngaun mo subukan ang sarili mo kung may natutunan ka nga sa pag-aaral mo. Its your decision to choose the career path na gusto mong daanan. True as it is, maraming ways, maraming choices. Its yours to take. Ang mahalaga, dapat dun ka kung saan ka masaya at dun sa alam mong hindi mo pasisisihan.

Ako nga, hindi na ako sure kung airline industry nga ang ipupursue ko. Wala ata pwede maging trabaho dun ang colorblind. Huhuhu…

2. Transformers

Wuhooooo!

Hell of a movie!

Astig!

Oo naman mga kapatid, these are just a few words na magdedescribe sa animation-turned movie na Transformers. A a whole, wala kang maitatapon sa movie. Special effects, plot, choise of actors, sounds, lahat maganda. Sulit na sulit. Cool na cool ang pagtatransform ng mga robots. Shock and awe ba ang eskena. One time sasakyan sila then biglang magiging robots. (Kainis! Ang mga aircraft pa ang nasa side ng kalaban!). Wala rin patid ang katatawanan at human-robot drama na nag-add ng spice sa all-out-war na movie.

Pero the best thing in this movie is the nostalgia of the yesteryears. I was like about months old nung unang pinalabas sa tv ang Transformers. I was very young then but I still have the memories. Ang alam ko noon, mag dalawang faction na naglalaban, pero ngayon ko lang nalaman na ang pangalan pala ng mga factions ay Autobots at Decepticons. At ngayon ko lang nakilala si Optimus Prime at Megatron. (Kainis! Bakit eroplano ang archnemesis, gusto kong maghimagsik!!!) Pero pinakacool sa lahat si Bumblebee (bakit ba ito pangalan nya, so gay huh?), from Volkswagen to Chevvy Camara.

The interesting part of the plot is when the Decepticons are trying to rule planet earth by making robots out of our devices. Kaloka! Pati cellphone (na talagang ginawang Nokia ang brand) pwede nilang gawing Decepticon, with matching weapon system pa! Pero may boo-boos na konti, bakit ang mga aircraft carriers hindi ginawang Decepticons, diba? Llamado na sila Megatron kung sakali, anlaki ba naman nun eh.

Basta, this movie is not the kind you want to miss. It never felt this good after a movie na gusto mo paulit-ulitin. Its crossing over to the ordinary movie experience to another level.

3. New Buddies, Old Buddies

Kahapon ng gabi, I met the boys of sa mga bunso forum of guys4men. I had a friend from CBIT na naginvite sa akin na pumunta sa Gateway to meet the boys. Pupunta daw sila sa Malate later that night for the White Party. Go naman ako kaso hindi ako makakasama sa Malate. Have to rest from a week of puyat from work. When I came to see them, I was thrilled. Suddenly, all the forum pictures from the site became real! I met them fave to face and had the chance to talk with them. It was an experience, really. Add pa natin ang mga free silay sa mga cuties around (ahihihi). Ngayon, kapag nagpost ako sa forums, mas comfortable na, kasi kakilala ko na yung iba sa kanila. Too bad, marami palang ibang groups na nandun, and patawid-tawid ang mga members. Iba pa rin sa CBIT, kahit na hindi na nagkikita-kita, solid pa rin. At hindi na kami kailangan maglipat-lipat ng group, kase we all have the boys with us; happy, honest and horny (Joke!), well, unless balak mong mangarir.

4. My Music; My Own Way

Weeeeeee! I finally have my own mp3 player! Got myself a 1 gigabyte player with recorder. Cool! Now I can listen to my favorite songs anytime, anywhere. I can store my favorite songs, from the hits of the Stylistics, Cascades and BeeGees to the music of Imago, Michael Buble and even PULSE!

Buti na lang, nakahanda na lahat ng songs na ilalagay ko sa player, kase it took almost an hour to transfer 700 mb of songs to the player. It will take 11 hours for all of the songs to be played. Ok na ok na yun bah. Para walang boring times. I even brought an ID lace for it, para less chances na masira agad ang headset.

Its great to finally have mine, because to any music lover, having an mp3 player is like heaven! It is a crossing from boredom to leisure.

5. Singlehood… More reasons!

Whats with relationships anyway? Status symbol? Kapag may boyfriend of girlfriend ka eh mas gwapo o maganda ka na sa iba? I don’t think so. (Ay, bitterness itu!) Pero in fairness naman, relationships can make you realize your worth in this world, having someone you love without reservations and being loved unconditionally in return (Sabay bawi diba? Wahihihi bitter talaga).

I realized there isn’t still the need to be into. Buo pa naman ako, none of my soul still needs another half. I can still live by my own. And perhaps, the one that needs me hasn’t found me yet, or the one that makes me whole hasn’t come yet or isn’t aware what that person is doing to me. Basta magkakakakilala at magkikita na lang kami and then we’ll know it.

Dati atat na atat ako for a relationship. I’m happy to have some and learned from those. This realization made me think otherwise. It’s a crossing from desperation to having hopes and strengthening faith.

For now, this is fine. The freedom, the happiness, the contentment; I’m happy with that.

And for anyone who knows about my “Stability other than Quality” principle, you may take the chance with me, if you wish.

No comments: