7.06.2007

I Know What I Saw…

Today is the start of a well, sorta, kinda… promotion.

The bosses at the clinic decided to hire me for good. I will be given a definite job in the clinic and they promise to fund my graduate studies after the board exam.

But of course, before the promotion, there’s the lessons, the training and the pressure. Imagine learning a six-year profession in just a matter of weeks…

Yes, in weeks!

I have mixed emotions: Thrilled, because I will be doing something that helps people; Relieved, because the job wouldn’t require me going out of the clinic, running errands every now and then (Thank GOD!); Weary, because there are lots to learn and apply; and of course, happy, because I’m earning my own money!!!

A dream is just about to come true… We’ll see..

Ay ano ba, English-englishan na ito!

Ndi po iyan ang aking iseshare for this entry…

I doesn’t matter if you guys will believe this story. I just got pissed off because no one tries to listen and understand the situation.

Well anyway, here is the story…

Kaninang tanghali, while making my rounds sa clinic for my promotional training, one of the doctors called and asked for some favor. Kinuha ko sa isang room yung Ishihara Color Blindness test na book. It was on one of the rooms nung clinic. It was in a white box with the name in silver letters: Ishihara Color Blindess test Book, 38 slides. Inside is a spring–binded book with lots of colors and circles. Primarily, it is a test about the color perception ng mata ng isang tao. Tinry ko tingnan yung book earlier to check it myself, pero sadly, only two of the thirty-eight figures ang nakita ko, which means…

TALAGANG COLORBLIND AKO!!!!!

Huhuhuhuhu…

Anyway, lumabas ako ng kwarto para ibibigay na yung book sa doctor na nagpakuha sa akin.

Paglabas ko, I saw the doctor (lets call him Chinito) na nakatayo sa may counter, which is adjacent sa may refraction room nearby. Closing the door, sabi ko,

“Doc Chinito, heto na po yung book.”

Before ko inabot yung book, I saw someone with a white gown (which akala ko is one of the doctors – lets call her Pretty) get out of the refraction room going to the counter, passing in front of Doc Chinito. Tinawag ko si Miss Janice, who is on the counter.

“Miss Janice, dumaan po ba si Doc Pretty? Nakita ko sya kanina dumaan kani-kanila lang.”

Nagtaka pa si Miss Janice sa akin.

“Huh? Eh nasa kabilang room si Doc Pretty, nasa lab, natetest ng mata ng isang patient.”

“Hindi sya dumaan? Eh sino yung nakadoctor’s gown na dumaan dito seconds ago? From the refraction room, dumaan sya sa harap ni Doc Chinito, then sa counter.”

“Wala kaya, si Doc Chinito lang doctor dito. Isang oras na si Doc Pretty sa laboratory.”

Then that moment ko lang narealize, none of the doctors present today were wearing white gowns…

Kaninang hapon, before we leave the clinic, I told the story to the rest of the staff of the clinic. Others took it as a joke, others reprimanded me for telling me the story, kesyo magraraise daw ng issue at ghost story sa clinic, others told me, “You shouldn’t have told anyone, kasi napakauncomfortable pakinggan ng story mo.”

Damn! That pissed me off!

Kasalanan ko pa bang makakita ng ganon?

Dinadaan ko na lang din sa joke yung nakita ko kase I will be working in the clinic for a long time and I should be getting used to those things.

And what’s with the staff getting terrified with a ghost story anyway? Eh hindi naman sila magagalaw nun, added to the fact that they are the men and women of science and health and lastly, they are working in a clinic inside a hospital!

Perhaps they need an encounter with those things for them to understand what happened to me this day.

But nevertheless, I know what I saw, and no one can take that away from me.

No comments: