3.12.2008

Firsts

Last March 10, 2008, I had a chance to be at the Manila Cathedral to sing for a relic presentation. First time na makapunta ako sa Manila Cathedral at makita ang loob nito. A lot has been said regarding the cathedral; kesyo naghihiwalay ang mga mag-asawa na kinakasal doon and everything. But nevertheless, the sanctity of the place is genuine. Seated at the heart of Intramuros, the Manila Cathedral stands as a pillar of faith of most Filipinos. Being the seat of the Manila Archdiocese, its not unusual to find the place holy though old-fashioned. The structure is age-old, but still sturdy; fortified.
What the heart is meant and loves to do. It's my first time to sing with my new choir, The Singing Christians. I was invited for this special occasion. Since I have no previous appointments, I joined them. And indeed, it was a heavenly experience. Unlike the previous choirs that I am with, TSC has survived 28 years. The bonding between the members and the harmony of the voices is distinctly resonant. We have this certain piece, "I Give You Praise" sung at the recessional where both the arrangement and the message captured my soul and rekindled my singing prowess. Added with the majesctic bamboo organ accompaniment by Sir AJ (and he's really good, with the pedals and the keys and the buttons of the bamboo organ at his command!!!), singing at the Manila Cathedral is an ever-memorable experience.
The relic of a saint. Though I'm not as religious as the others, but seeing a box bearing a part of a beatified person would be a great experience. On this same day, I was able to see the crate that carries a part to St. Therese of the Child Jesus' skull. The line that leads to the relic is too long that it took 15 minutes before we can touch the glass that covers the crate. Most Christians regard that crate as something so powerful that anything they wish is bound to come true. But I would conclude its not the power of the relic that sets their wishes into reality; its their faith.
Weirdest of the weird. I was able to have a peek of the taping of my favorite Mexican-turned telenovela Marimar. While at the car, we passed by San Agustin church where Marimar's last episode was taped. I saw the really gorgeous and petite Marian Rivera and the hunkylicious Dingdong Dantes while taping the wedding scene of the most celebrated primetime show. I was at first starstruck, due to the reason that the two of them are crushes of mine. (Alam na!) But then I realized that I cannot get off the car to take their autographs, so I just have to feast on a few moments seeing them. And sadly, I can't scream inside the car (MARRRRIIIIIAAAAAANNNNN!!!! DDDDDIIIIINNNNGGGGGDDDDDOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG!!!!! EEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!)And the saddest part is that I wasn't able to watch the last 5 episodes of Marimar. Sigh...
First time to blog at the office!! Since the computer at home isn't working, I have to create my entries here at the office. Right now, I'm writing this entry while looking at the outskrits of the skyscrapers of Makati. So emotional for a scene. Kayo na bahalang umalam kung saan sa Makati ahihihi..

No comments: