2.15.2008

A Valentine's Day Date... With St. Jude


"Oh, bakit nakapambahay ka lang?"

Pagdating pa lang sa boarding house eh binungaran na ako ni Juan ng tanong. Hindi nga naman expected ang suot ko. While he is on his usual shirt, jeans and flip-flops, I'm on my hooded shirt, beach shorts and flip-flops. Parang nasa bahay lang. Parang hindi magsisimba.

"Hayaan mo na, hindi naman ako siguro irereject ni St. Jude kung nakapambahay ako. Ok na 'to."


We left the house and rode a jeep to CEU. From there, we walked crossing the sidewalks behind the Malacañang Palace and on the St. Jude shrine.


Since after the board exam, I've been a believer of faith. Hindi nga naman biro-biro yung mga nangyari at dumating yung point na halos hopeless case, weary if I can make it to the exams or not. Nung last day ng exam, (it was a Thursday) after the very last subject, the whole class walked from Manuel Luis Quezon University to St. Jude and attended a novena mass.

"Lord, ikaw na po ang bahala sa results ng exam. Kung hindi talaga ito nakalaan para sa akin, matatanggap ko, but You know how much this means not just to me, but for everyone I care for."

I was teary-eyed after I left the shrine, out of despair and worrying.
But then, things turned out MUCH more than what I was expecting.

Read
In Deep Gratitude

Ever since, I made it a habit to visit the shrine at least every Thursday to hear a mass or novena and pray for those na nangangailangan. Lalo na yung mga walang magdarasal for them. Also, its my way to show my heartfelt gratitude dahil sa mga blessings na patuloy kong narerecieve. Isa na doon shempre is the person na kasama kong mananalangin sa simbahan.


Oh, wait! Valentine's Day pala!!! Nakakatuwa naman. A date with a love one and its God we first seek. Oh, and for the record, its my first Valentines date... sa simbahan.

No comments: