12.31.2007

On Top of the World...


"O pag-ibig na makapangyarihan,
kapag ika'y nasok sa puso ninuman,
hahamakin ang lahat, masunod ka lamang."
Atop a 40-storey condo, John and I stood, gazing at the view. The scene was breathtaking; the whole metro is beautified with a blanket of lights and fireworks; the SM Mall of Asia is highlighted with the Global Fun Carnival, the towers of Makati stood like gigantic totems from afar, the Manila Bay shines with the flaming balls of light from Baywalk and the Harbor. People and cars looked miniature that we think can move it with our fingers. We felt like we own the world, though the only thing we have that moment is a few minutes of being together.

Earlier, I surprised John by not telling him I'm attending Alvin's house blessing ceremony. All that John know was I'm grounded and will not be around for the ceremony. Luckily, I was tasked to buy ingredients for the desserts to be prepared for the me Media Noche. I grabbed the chance to attend the ceremony and to see him. When I arrived at the condo, Alvin and John went out to buy some household paraphernalias. I proceeded at the eighth floor and waited for them infront of the elevator. When they arrived, I shouted "Surprise!" and John was dumbfounded. We ate at the party while keeping ourselves 'friends' in front of Alvin's family and relatives. It was a great feat for me to make surprise appearances. In fact, this is the first time I did it. After a few talks and some minutes of rest, we proceeded to the penthouse. Its in the fortieth floor of the Pacific Regency condominium in Vito Cruz. There was a plan of a swimming at the pool there, everyone having brought trunks and swim gear, but everyone came tired with the preparations and everything so we just decided to stroll along the penthouse. We found the highest point and we strolled there. John and I found the perfect place mingled there for a few yet meaningful minutes.

It was then I realized three things: The simplest things we do for others are the ones that gives us incomparable happiness. Its the changes in our lives that makes us new persons that gives us undiminished courage and strength. And the simplest moments sharing the truest of feelings two people have gives us undying love, devotion and faith.


A meaningful New Year to everyone!!

1 comment:

Bryan Anthony the First said...

awwwwww!

i wonder why is it so hard to find a good love story on t.v. when there are really amazing one's over here

happy new year

woof!