5.29.2008

Midnight Blues

It was a midnight shift.

I arrived early. It was an hour before the shift and I am at the base of the PBCom building in Makati. It was a regular scene to see the rest of the employees of the different companies in the building to take their smoke breaks along the facade. I could feel the readiness to take the job save for an issue; I haven't taken my dinner yet. I will be ridiculous to go to work on an empty stomach so I decided to walk to a fastfood nearby and grab something for a quick dinner.

As I turn around and head towards the fastfood, I could feel the cool breeze of the night on my face. The velvety wind wipes my face with a caressing touch. The chill in the air made me shiver and stiffened my walking. I cannot see the wind, but its running motion on my face felt like a mighty hand to take care of all my worries and frustrations. The cold night left me standing in the sidewalks struggling to survive the chill.

Memories came flowing through me as the walk dashes into the night.

Its been months since there was a conflict. And until now, nothing was settled. The conflict continues, and the wounds are getting deeper. Both parties are left shattered. Lives have changed since the war started. One continues to worsen the opponent's being by making the opponent's life a living hell. But then the opponent has to understand. The immaturity that overwhelms the one will never cease to do things to batter the opponent. The one doesn't know that life was never the same for the opponent since the ruckus escalated to the point that it change the path of life the opponent has to take. The opponent can never blame enough the one for all the things done. The opponent will just take the blows and accept the fact that the one may never understand things that the opponent does. The one may do all sorts of things to the opponent, but the latter still stands, unshaken, countinuously understanding. But the one WILL NEVER be the same as of the opponent. The one may be GOOD, but the opponent will always be BETTER. None of the things that the opponent has done will ever equal to what the one has done. The opponent does MORE, will be BETTER and always be GREATER.

Things were never the same; I'm on the job that doesn't go with my degree, I have to get home and never felt the ease of a TRUE home and I'm always left to make the sacrifices for someone who has a frail mind.

Oh, the fastfood's here. Time to eat.

No comments: