11.15.2007

Of License and What Nonsense?

Boone: Sir, if the force across the tube acts perpendicular to the cross-section, possible po ba na makuha natin ang longitudinal... longitudinal... uhh...
Prof: Yes, Mr. Grava, what is it? Kaya mo yan.
Boone
: Sir, (stammers) the longitudinal... ahh... forgot the term...

Prof
: Longitudinal what?

Boone
: Longitudinal... (pause) Longitudinal chuvaness..

(Class laughs)

Prof: My God, Mr. Grava, What is chuvaness?
Imagine, five years has passed, and here I am, about to thread the last phase of the Degree: owning the license. From a lowly College boy to a promising Degree Holder and hopefully to be an Aeronautical Engineering license bearer, life was never been so exciting and worthwhile for me and for the rest of my colleagues in the same field. Aiming to work in the aviation industry bearing the title gives not just the opportunities, but the respect, the patriotism and the challenge as well.

But its sad to know, not everyone appreciates getting a license as much as we do. In fact, there are a few who despise it.

I can still remember an article from the school newspaper entitled "What's With the Title?". The article points out that most titles earned by people are made to boost their ego. Also, its states that titles made people invincible to blames and judgement in times to lapses and wrongdoings. Naturally, most leaders and popular people are the target of the propositions. If the writer of the article would just see me now, he'll definitely react. (by the way, the writer is a homophobic)

"Engineer nga, bakla naman. Magtago ka man sa titulo mo, bakla ka pa rin!"
"Engineer kuno, chuchupa din yan!"
"Ano naman kung maging engineer sya? The hell I care!"

O diba, kung hindi uminit ang ulo mo sa mga ganyang banat. I actually hear the writer say that to one of the engineering students who was allegedly gay. (Take note, alleged lang, wala pang patunay. Nalaman ko lang recently hahaha.) Pero nonetheless, the words are truly disturbing and really irritating. Kamusta naman ang pagiging judgemental ng taong ito, diba? I also have a few bad memories comes with this man, because he backstabbed me as well during the COllege days, sexuality din ang topic. Good thing, wala na sa school ang writer na yun years before I graduated, but I'm afraid I'd have to meet him again when I traverse the aviation industry. He works in one of the prominent airlines, and his work includes travels and visits to all aviation related companies. Sigh.

Nevertheless, with those people bahind me, a believer or a hater, no one can stop me from reaching my dreams. This license that I'm trying to acquire is just a stepping stone for me to extend service to the industry and to the Motherland as well. Professionalism has its final ticket at my sight, and we all take the challenge and dare to face and grab it. True, not everyone can have the benefits one license holder can have, but the responsibility and challenge that surrounds the license is more than a lifetime's worth. Sounds dramatic? Patriotic perhaps? Hmm...

2 comments:

Admin said...

EASY lang BOONE! Cool ka lang... Inggit lang kasi sila sa iyo... Talo mo ang mga straight!

Adventure tayo!

|=[RaPtUsErUm]=| said...

Ahahaha... talo sa straight?
Ok lang yun Richard... wag na lang kami magkrus ng landas...