10.17.2007

I'm a Man Without an Ego... Soon


As much as I can, I put my time and effort to propagate something that I love to do. I can make sacrifices and never regret it. I can take every responsibility as long as I can manage. I reach people and make things comfortable and easy. I hear both sides of an argument and give resolutions; not judgements. I can give my life as long as everyone can be happy and peaceful. I might have made mistakes in my time and I resolve to learn from it.

But why are you doing these to me?

Why am I judged?
Why am I ridiculed in front of everyone?
Why am I compared?
Why am I called names?
Why am I misunderstood?

Weren't I enough?
Weren't I good to everyone?
Am I bad?
Was I selfish?
Am I a man less because I'm not straight?

I have a huge problem. I can't be angry to you, because you're special to me. Every hit I take from you I abosrb, because there's no point in getting into arguments. Every time I'm embarrassed in front of everyone, I just bow my head in silence.

But you must understand:

Every hit I absorb, the heart ceases to love.
Every embarrasment I recieve, the ego is shattered.
Everytime I am judged, my respect for you lowers.
Every ego shattered, the man inside diminishes.
Every comparison made, a wall stands and heightens.

You almost won my heart, but you first shattered my manhood. I'll never get angry, but don't expect for me to be there for you.

With you around, I will always be a MAN without an EGO.

I'm sorry, but I cease to be ONE...